MelodyArmstrong

Next Big Book Thing

Lethal Circuit (A Michael Chase Spy Thriller #1)
Lars Guignard

Sweetest Taboo

Sweetest Taboo - Eva Márquez What were the main themes of the book? How well did the author execute these themes? Statutory rape and relationships in a formal environment. I think the author was able to execute these themes but most book club members and I felt like there was just a little too much information.

Describe 2 different settings or locations. One - When Tom caves in to Isabel's manipulations. I cannot imagine anyone in my uni class doing this let alone when we were in school.

Two - The course of their relationship. It takes Shakespeare's "the course of true love never did run smooth" to a whole new level and I'm not sure it is a level everyone will be comfortable with.

Were you able to connect with the main character and why? I did feel a little disconnected but I think that was mostly because my mind was starting to question the plot.

Which did you find more appealing, the introduction or the conclusion? The ending. I salute the author for explaining her motivations.

Why would you recommend or not recommend this book? I will but only to people who can digest such a topic.

Disclosure - I received a free book from the author in exchange for an honest review.