MelodyArmstrong

Next Big Book Thing

Lethal Circuit (A Michael Chase Spy Thriller #1)
Lars Guignard

Gastien Part 1: The Cost of the Dream (The Gastien Series)

Gastien: The Cost of the Dream - Caddy Rowland What were the main themes of the book? In a way, this book was about becoming an adult and the challenges faced by someone who perseveres to follow his dreams.

Describe 2 different settings or locations. One - Then he whispered, “Use the brush like you used your other tool last night. Master it. Make it speak for you, create for you.” Throughout the book, the author's writes in a poetic / smooth manner.

Two - "His meal was eaten while he sat on the sand, watching darkness fall over the water." The setting is so peaceful and yet Gastien faces so much turmoil in his life, I really liked the contrast in this scene.

Were you able to connect with the main character and why? Definitely. Although it is in a different era and the relationships are also slightly different, Gastien's emotions are easy to relate to.

Which did you find more appealing, the introduction or the conclusion? Without a doubt, the conclusion. And now I can't wait to read the next part in the series.

Why would you recommend or not recommend this book? Yes, I would definitely recommend this book just for her writing style alone.

Disclosure - I received a free book from the author in exchange for an honest review.